Please click here to view a short Power Point presentation; providing some key information for new starters.
To see a video tour of our amazing nursery, please click here (opens in new window).
Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Week
The Nursery children have been exploring feelings this week with the help of a lovely story called ‘The Colour Monster’. The children then had a go at painting their own colour monsters. We enjoyed relaxation, where we had to lie very still and watch the bubbles float around us. We then did some visualisation and relaxation with the bubbles theme from ‘Relax Kids’
Safer Internet Day 2022
The children have been thinking this week about how we can stay safe on the internet. We listened to a story about Smartie the Penguin and learnt about what we can do if we ever see anything online that makes us feel sad or worried. The children in Nursery are superstars like Smartie and they know that they must: Stop, Think and Tell Someone. We also learnt a little song to help us to remember what to do.
Nursery Rhyme Week
This week the children in Nursery have had an amazing time; learning about and singing lots and lots of nursery rhymes!
Thank you and well done to the children who dressed up as their favourite characters from nursery rhymes – you all looked amazing!
Please continue to sing nursery rhymes at home with your children – they are great fun and a wonderful way to support so many areas of their development!
We believe that parents and/or carers play a vital role in their child’s education. We hope to work in partnership with you – we will support your efforts at home and provide opportunities for you to engage in your children’s education in school.
Click on the link below to see the ways we do this.
Nursery Parental Involvement (document opens in new window)
- This term we will be working hard to become more independent (P.S.E.D), there are lots of things you can do at home to help with this.
- Encourage your child to get dressed by themselves particularly coats and shoes, as this will help them within Nursery.
- Encourage hand washing.
- We are also beginning to play with sounds (Phonics). At home you can help by;
- Reading stories with silly voices, sing songs very fast or very slowly, sing songs loudly or quietly.
- Listen to sounds in the environment.
- Make sounds with everyday objects.
- Singing lots of Nursery Rhymes.
- Looking for numbers in the environment and making counting part of everyday tasks.