Well done to our Nursery children for their wonderful performances today! Your singing and acting were truly amazing!
Within Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum 2008. The curriculum has seven areas of learning these are; Communication and Language, Personal Social and Emotional Development, Physical Development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts.
We believe that parents and/or carers play a vital role in their child’s education. We hope to work in partnership with you – we will support your efforts at home and provide opportunities for you to engage in your children’s education in school.
Click on the link below to see the ways we do this.
Nursery Parental Involvement (document opens in new window)
- This term we will be working hard to become more independent (P.S.E.D), there are lots of things you can do at home to help with this.
- Encourage your child to get dressed by themselves particularly coats and shoes, as this will help them within Nursery.
- Encourage hand washing.
- We are also beginning to play with sounds (Phonics). At home you can help by;
- Reading stories with silly voices, sing songs very fast or very slowly, sing songs loudly or quietly.
- Listen to sounds in the environment.
- Make sounds with everyday objects.
- Singing lots of Nursery Rhymes.
- Looking for numbers in the environment and making counting part of everyday tasks.
Please click here for the Development Matters in Early Years and Foundation Stage document (opens in a new window).