Please click here to view a short Power Point presentation; providing some key information for new starters.
To see a video tour of our amazing nursery, please click here (opens in new window).
We have had so much fun celebrating World Book Day this year. We all got dressed up as our favourite characters from our favourite stories! We love sharing stories
We are so proud of how well all of our Nursery children have settled in this term. We are looking forward to lots of exciting learning this term about Bonfire Night, Nursery Rhymes and Birthday, through our RE topic.
We are celebrating Nursery Rhyme Week the week beginning 14th November and the key rhymes this year are:
- The Big Ship Sails,
- 1,2,3,4,5 Once I caught a fish alive
- 5 Little Speckled Frogs
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
We will be doing lots of fun activities linked to these rhymes and lots of others!
Please visit the links here to listen to the rhymes and find fun activities to try at home with your child.
We believe that parents and/or carers play a vital role in their child’s education. We hope to work in partnership with you – we will support your efforts at home and provide opportunities for you to engage in your children’s education in school.
Click on the link below to see the ways we do this.
Nursery Parental Involvement (document opens in new window)
- This term we will be working hard to become more independent (P.S.E.D), there are lots of things you can do at home to help with this.
- Encourage your child to get dressed by themselves particularly coats and shoes, as this will help them within Nursery.
- Encourage hand washing.
- We are also beginning to play with sounds (Phonics). At home you can help by;
- Reading stories with silly voices, sing songs very fast or very slowly, sing songs loudly or quietly.
- Listen to sounds in the environment.
- Make sounds with everyday objects.
- Singing lots of Nursery Rhymes.
- Looking for numbers in the environment and making counting part of everyday tasks.